Welcome to ArchivesACT
ArchivesACT provides access to publicly available ACT Government records older than 20 years.
To assist in accessing the records, ArchivesACT:
- Contacts ACT Government agencies on behalf of requestors;
- Checks that the archives do not contain material that is exempt from public access;
- Makes arrangements for the requestor to view the archives in a secure reading room;
- Makes arrangements for any reproduction of the contents;
- Assists in locating the agency copyright holder to facilitate the permissions process; and
- Writes finding aids and research guides to assist members of the public in locating records in the sphere of interest.
For more information about ArchivesACT click on the following links:
THIS WEBSITE IS BEST VIEWED USING CHROME
Guide to Government Records about Canberra
ArchivesACT and National Archives have produced a guide to records about Canberra, 'Government Records About the Australian Capital Territory' by Ted Ling.