Welcome to ArchivesACT
ArchivesACT provides access to publicly available ACT Government records older than 20 years.
To assist in accessing the records, ArchivesACT:
- Contacts ACT Government agencies on behalf of requestors;
- Checks that the archives do not contain material that is exempt from public access;
- Makes arrangements for the requestor to view the archives in a secure reading room;
- Makes arrangements for any reproduction of the contents;
- Assists in locating the agency copyright holder to facilitate the permissions process; and
- Writes finding aids and research guides to assist members of the public in locating records in the sphere of interest.
For more information about ArchivesACT click on the following links:
ArchivesACT will be closed from the 20th December 2014 to the 5th January 2015.
You can still request access to records via this website
and we will attend to them in January.
The staff of ArchivesACT wish you all a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year
Guide to Government Records about Canberra
ArchivesACT and National Archives have produced a guide to records about Canberra, 'Government Records About the Australian Capital Territory' by Ted Ling.